Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Anita Roddick.

When I started my studies in Business Administration I came across Liberation Managment a book by Tom Peters. In one of the chapters he told the story of Anita Roddick, the founder of Body Shop. Simple, straightforward and passionate, Anita Roddick created a special place in my heart as the leader of business world. When I started teaching business subjects I often quoted Anita Roddick's passion for her work. Today I read the news of her death and felt deeply saddened. A great soul has left the world.

2 comments:

erudani said...

inevitable indeed...

we also lost a great author on July, "Fontanarrosa" he was a great coomic writer/drawer and social critiscist...

Is good of you to remember Anita. We must remember the people we know deservs to live in the mind and souls of the human beings.

Anyway, thanxs for stopping bye at my blog... I'll try to update at least twice a month =P

See you round!

Ali Ambrosio said...

I, too, admired her greatly. I think The Body Shop is a wonderful model for socially and environmentally conscious business, all while providing a product that consumers adore (myself included).

Sad day, indeed...

Hope you are well, friend.