Monday, September 24, 2012

Success I deserve you!

Why have I shunned success for so long? Why am I afraid of success? Is it because success may expose me that I am really not worthy of it? Is it because I am used to "my not so ideal way of living"? Is it because success would put me under uncertain future? Whatever the reason or may be every reason that I have just given has some truth in it; the situation that prevails now is unsustainable. I have to decide do I really want to be successful or stop striving for what I desire half-heartedly. The half-hearted approach  gives me good enough position but saps my energy big time. I have wasted many precious years of my life in trivial activities. I could have achieved far greater positions had I not doubted myself and my ability to achieve greater heights. What was my biggest failure? What was my biggest nemesis? It was pandering to my desires. Now I have to change myself. I have to really focus. I know I can do this. I have to just do it.

1 comment:

Ali Ambrosio said...

You can do it, I am sure.

In art, which is where I focus so much of my energy nowadays, I think often about what it means to be successful and the risks we must take in order to reach that goal.

It means putting yourself out there, being exposed, working tremendously hard, and not being afraid to embody what that success means.

They also often say that in order to make truly great art you must first make bad art. It is necessary to take a risk and fail so that you can learn, and ultimately find the path to success, whatever definition of success you may have personally.