Monday, August 14, 2006

Two Valleys

In the valley of Indus it is dusk and I am returning home
on the western horizon it is all red
cool air is kissing my cheeks
it has just been rained,
"Life is beautiful", says my heart,
In no time my thoughts travel to a far away land
there too, the sky is red, but the color is of blood
there too, it has rained, but the rain of bombs
I think of a man who has no home to return
the cool air has kissed his cheeks but it carries the message of chilling death
Now my heart says, " Life is beautiful but I can't rejoice until there is peace in the valley of Bekaa.".

7 comments:

Neihal said...

once again a thought provoking post from you...liked it :)

Muhammad Riyaz said...

touching
nice poem from you
the contrasts are always there
Recently Japan had a memorial day for A-bomb victims
elswhere it was called Victory day celebrations

Dawn said...

Amazing Masd...I could feel ur emotion!
Happy Independence Day to Pak and you too
Cheers

Masood Ahmed said...

@neihal: Thanks , u r again first to comment.
@ME: so true, about the contarst
@Gaurav Jain: Thanks for your comments and visiting my blog. Indeed it is pleausre to have another blogger from India to be my guest. and Happy Anniversary dau to Indians as well. I wish we could have celebrated a joint independence day, independence from the British rule.
@Dawn:thanks. u feel my emotions. it is wonderful. Happy independence day to you too.

Movie Mazaa said...

പുതുവത്സരാശംസകള്‍!!

Thats Happy New Year in Malayalam, the language that we speak here in Kerala!! Our New Year starts tomorrow, and thought I would wish u and ur family wonderful year ahead!!

:)

Masood Ahmed said...

Velu: Happy New Year
Thanks for greeting me. Do you know I have a special place in my heart for Kerala.It is because of its beautiful landscape, people and culture. I have had a good friend that I am no more in touch with from Kerala. I am glad I have found another.

Mauricio said...

Helo from Brazil,

Nice to meet you blog,

best regards!

Mauricio