Thursday, July 06, 2006

Finally it rained.


Finally last evening it rained heavily after a dust storm. The electricity went off immediately and didn't come back till morning. I recieved a call from my nephew and brother in law who had returned from a trip to China. My nephew was full of praise for China. He said , " Dubai is nothing as compared to Shanghai. China is far far ahead". He is a teenager and I consider him lucky to have visited foreign countries at this young age. What he has learnt in few days of travelling equals a year of learning from books only. After talking to them the traveller in me became restless. When will I go to far away places? When will my time come? Perhaps as soon as I just go without thinking much. Just go. I will go by train to Beijng from Kashgar after reaching Kashgar via Karakoram highway. A long journey. I will take that journey.
Coming back to the present the weather is pleasant here. It is cloudy. I hope the electricity will not fail for long time periods and I will feel at peace with myself.

5 comments:

Khawab said...

its so cold here....tat it reminded me of november ki sardi....
its abt 14 degree...... n i was literly shaking wid ma coffe mug....

Masood Ahmed said...

@Khwab: send some cold here..

shampoo suicide said...

Just go. Sounds so easy, but its not. I have travelled a lot, but I am beginning to realize that I might not in the future. Makes me sad, a lot. I have always had the urge to go places, experience different cultures.

Keshi said...

Nice green n happy pic :)

Just catch the train n go...fly to wherever u want. For life is short but the places, there r alot!

Keshi.

Saurabh Banerjee said...

u write well!