Thursday, July 20, 2006

Gain and Loss.

I went to the institute after receiving the call from MBA program coordinator. He wanted to talk on the remuneration for the subjects for next semester. Oh......something must have happened that forced him to call me because last time when he had talked he told me in a firm voice NO we couldn't pay you what you wanted. When I went there in the afternoon he asked me for a cup of tea and I said no. He wanted me to accept what they were offering but I was in no mood to compromise. Last semester they had to change four teachers for the subject that they had taken away from me. They wanted to give me the subject back but now I would not accept without their accepting my conditions. After trying his best and seeing me stubborn he finally said Ok, have your timetable. I felt good, really good inside. I was not unfair with them I was only asking what they were offering to the teachers from Karachi (though no teacher from Karachi accepted their offer). I told them I am no less a teacher in quality so why should I accept less.

After the deal when I went upstairs to collect the book I saw FS. She didn't meet me warmly and I asked what happened to you, are you angry or what? She said, " Don't you see it on my face, I am devastated." I asked what happened as I sat in the faculty enclosure for a cup of tea. He has broken the engagement three months back. I am missing him very much because today is my birthday, last year he was with me, I couldn’t bear the pain of breakup. I felt so bad for her, she was engaged with him for 5 years. I was looking for words to give her hope but all the words I thought looked hopeless. How could I give hope to a girl whose love has been shattered? She said I would never ever trust any man again. I hate men. Why did I trust him, she was regretting. I was sitting in front of her, listening to her. Soon other staff joined and she kept quiet. I managed to tell her that InshAllah next year when your birthday comes you will have what you want. It will be the birthday full of happiness. I told her about my new born, tried to make her happy, but I found she was lost in her world. My words were touching her ears but not making any effect on her heart. I realized the pain is severe and told her that you had a friend here whom you could share anything you want. I came home with mix feelings, I was happy that I got what I wanted as my remuneration but sad that FS fiancĂ© had left her.

5 comments:

Kuan Gung said...

Good and not so good...kind of like the ocean tides...they're high or low but we must ride that creast when they're high as long as possible...thank you

Dawn said...

Hey ...I see some constructive and successful negotiations were made at this end also :D...am glad for you dear...congrats buddy!
And yes, sad to hear about your friend, but you did what you could and sometimes its good to give them the space to suttle..and she will come back to you and open up ..
I pray for your friends happiness...she should be fine :) ...
Cheers

Keshi said...

Congratts to u!

but Im sorry abt ur friend...

**He has broken the engagement three months back.

how can a guy just break the engagement that way? I hope she recovers from the heartbreak cos I know it's quite a hard one to take..

Keshi.

Movie Mazaa said...

Its great to know that u stood a firm stand and demanded what u r truly worth. I mean, there have been times when i have taught for a pittance, never really caring abt what I was being paid, just because I liked being with whom i taught. but later it dawned on me, that one ends up being taken for granted. I have tried to change ever since. Welll.. yes.. tried to! ;)

Anonymous said...

"She said I would never ever trust any man again. I hate men. " ----> we females dont male-bash just like that!

i've been dreading my bdays for the last 5 yrs now :( ..... no one sp to celebrate it...brings back painful memories - so why look forward to it? on my bday, not only am i miserable, i make everyone miserable! no one dare shower me with the bday wishes and force me to celebrate....coz on that day, im a total bitch! i actually start warning ppl am month in adv.....sigh......another bday coming up.....:(