Saturday, July 29, 2006

I am happy.

On tuesday ammi insisted, "go to Karachi, you need a break, I would take care of myself, don't worry about me." There Sam kept calling "come to Karachi, I am missing you, I have never missed you like that before, but it's upto you if you wanna come, but why don't you come, but keep your mood good, it's your choice, I am not pushing you, plan it na, come." So finally when two of the most important women in my life were asking for the same thing, I had no choice but to go and there I went. During the journey I was excited to see NL and Naveen and Sam. Mostly NL, she has become my darling and I was missing her like anything as Karachi was coming closer. When I reached NL was looking so cute in her new hair style
In the evening I went to Liberty books with Sam and her cousin who had come from Canada. She wanted that I choose some books for her. I selected Pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho, Love in the time of Cholera by Gabriel Marquez and Immortality by Milan Kundera for her and gave one book by Karen Armstrong as a gift as well. I love book shops and I do not want to get out of them. When I pick a book I lightly touch the cover to have the feel and read the back cover to know what other say about it then I open the book and read the preface and then glance through the pages, read some lines and by this time I have a fair idea whether I want to purchase the book or not. There were many tempting titles but I kept my control as I didn't want to spend when I still have unfinished books. In the night I went to attend a wedding party. My relatives congratulated me on the new born but some of the them said InshAllah next time it would be a son. Like they were saying man don't worry better luck next time. Now why do people keep saying this to me. I am happy with two daughters. For me having children is itslef a blessing no matter one has boys or girls. I have got one assignment from a production house as well in Karachi. They want me to write a script of a travellogue on the historical and least known but exotic places in Sindh. Though they are paying me not much but I want to give it a go. I love walking in Karachi and the weather was marvellous during my stay. I had two long walks. So much is happening but best part is I am feeling elated and confident. After spending a refreshing time in Karachi I am back to my town across river Indus.

2 comments:

Movie Mazaa said...

Reading abt ur rendezvous in the bookshop kindled my memories of the times spent in one of those bookstores. Quite similar to what u do, I find myself flipping through the pages, and generally have a good time having a feel of it, all across my palm. And then I do soemthing else, that shud sound quite weird. I bring it close to my nose and take in a deep breath, especially if I have fallen in love with its feel. Doesnt bother me much, if someone is looking, which often leads to comments from embarassed friends ~ How on earth does he understand whats written inside it, by its smell?

Cant help it, but I love the smell of a brand new book, as much as I love reading it!
;):)

Keshi said...

so cute!

Keshi.