Monday, February 27, 2006

Orion Belt....my friend in the winter sky

Its night here and everything is quiet, what I can hear is only the sound of my typing keys and this sound is music to my ears because I know each strike on the key brings my ideas on the blog and I love it. I just saw Orion Belt on the vast expanse of western horizon....as the summer is approaching it will disappear and only show itself again when winter comes...it will now be visible in the nights of southern hemisphere. I remember it was 1989 when I started developing interest in astronomy or to be specific in watching different constellations of the sky. During these nights of sky watching I made frienship with Orion Belt. Whenever something important happens in my life I look upward and say "hey Orion you see I have got this, Orion see......I am here in Thar, Orion you look so beautiful in the sky over the arid mountains off super highway ( between Hyderabad and Karachi...I must have travelled thousands times on this route). All my conversations with Orion could only take place during winter nights and when it is not here I wait for it to reappear. Tonight I have seen it on the western horizon ...soon it will be set and...as summer is approaching it will say good bye to the dwellers of northern hemisphere. O Orion!!I will miss you and I wont say come soon...as I know you will come in your time. Have a nice stay in the south. Do tell me about lake titicaca and andes and kangaroos when you reappear. BBye

1 comment:

Trailady said...

Masd,
Your post on Samrina's blog about catching the tears of women really moved me. What a beautiful way to describe the difference between men & women. God bless you!!