Friday, June 16, 2006

Absolutely nothing

Increasingly I am becoming wary of absolutes. For me it is beyond the capacity of human beings to know the ultimate truth. The ways of following one's life are so diverse that no one can claim that his/her is the right one. Let's not talk about main religions of the world just look at the way pagans live. From Australian aborigines to African pygmies we will find human race living naturally without following any of the major religion. Who is right and who is wrong? The answer will always vary. No one knows the absolute. "The truth" is elusive. I shudder at the vanity of those who claim to know the truth.
I give my self to the flow of nature and I swim in this flow...............I do not know from where I have come ......I am a flash, a flicker, I am humble, a wanderer, in awe of this brief presence, of this awareness of self, for I know immensity of time will suck me and I will be no more.

4 comments:

Brea said...

I often ponder this very same question from time to time.

shampoo suicide said...

There's a method to the means of life. That method is that same old challenge and response, not taking anything for granted as predisposed to BEING a certain way. If its front of you, and its a challenge, and it hinders YOU and you KNOW it then find a response to it, derive it from whatever YOU know of right and wrong, and ONLY of what you know of right and wrong, not WHO is right or WHO is wrong, or who shouldbe right and WHO should be wrong.
There's only one person in the whole world who exists in absolution and thats you. If you realize that decisions made for you by you hold more purity than anything else, you cant ever be wrong.

Masood Ahmed said...

@Brea: What answers do you get?
@Subhana: Thought provoking comment. You mean to say one must be sure in his or her heart if one is leading right way or not. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

shampoo suicide said...

Indeed. No problem :).