Thursday, June 08, 2006

God bless them.

Last 15 days had been very busy. My sister was getting married. It had been a long ordeal for her. She got divorced in 1998 after 4 years of dismal married life. Some of the relatives looked at her in such a way as if she had no future. In their opinion there is no future of a woman without marriage. My father passed away in 2004 and even at his funeral people commented " Oh what an unfortunate girl she is..that her father passed away with the desire of seeing her married." Then in January this year a proposal came from one of our acquaintances. Her brother's wife died leaving 3 children. Two girls of 7 and 9 years old and a boy hardly 6 months old. Apparently such a proposal was not very attractive but the decisive factor was the person himself. His age was just few years more than the age of my sister. Lively, decent, responsible and family oriented were his qualities. I talked to my sister, asked her to see him and meet ( at our home) and then decide. She gave her consent and finally on June 2 they got married. Last night they came and the girls were calling my sister Mama, they were glowing and my sister was happy too. God bless them.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Masd, its a very touching and at the same time a moment of celebration...! I think here I can represent...the faith and belif that you and your family had...people's talk might have caused pain to ur sister and probably ur family too...but not giving up is what I say optimism:)
I am so glad to hear about your sisters happiness and the kids too..!
You should be proud of your sister..
My best wishes to the couples and the family...
May Allah always shower happiness and peace upon the family (ameen)

Cheers

Masood Ahmed said...

@Dawn: Thanks for your compliments. Yes I am proud of her.

Anonymous said...

aww...thats nice....i guess sab ki apni apni kismat hoti hai. wishing them a happy union

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I know its late...:) but wishing your sister the best...:)...take care...byes.