Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Roots, values and contribution.

Who am I? What are the values of my family? What is important and what is superficial? What will be my contribution? What will be my legacy?

1. I belong to Bhatti, Rajput clan of Jaislamer, Rajasthan, India.
2. I am 21st descendant of Alf Khan Bhatti (Ala Singh) who embraced Islam in 14th century inspired by the teachings of Chishti Sufiyas of Ajmair.
3. My ancestors 400 years back migrated from Jaislamer and settled in Mahendragarh, (Kanod), East Punjab (Now in Haryana), India.
4. 1947 Muslims of East Punjab had to leave their homes.
5. My grand father settled in Hyderabad, Sindh in Pakistan in 1947.
6. My father made his home in Latifabad, Hyderabad in 1963.
7. I was born in 1969 in the same home and I still live here.
8. My language is Urdu as Urdu was the language of the areas of East Punjab in the vicinity of Delhi.
9. I love Sindh as my new homeland but I long for visiting India.
10. I have learnt Sindhi and wish my children speak it fluently.
11. Simplicity and humility are the qualities to be adopted, I have learnt this lesson from the examples of my elders.
12. Books have been our first friends and I want this friendship to continue in coming generations.
13. Never be impressed by worldly possessions is the message we get from our elders.
14. I want to leave my imprints in the form of students, books and institution.

1 comment:

s said...

which village in mahendergarh?