Monday, June 12, 2006

It is called Astro Turf


In the evening I went to stadium in the vicinity of my house for jogging (I am not into it..but on and off I have a desire to reduce weight, to feel fluffy and to look cooler;)). Well, there after couple of rounds I took out from my pocket my latest obsession (digital camera) and took the picture of a boy, in the backgroud was newly laid Astro turf. The boy hesitantly asked me " Is this a carpet?". In his voice I found the apprehension that I may snub him. I smiled and took his question as an opportunity to contribute in the knowledge of a young boy who may even not be going to school. I told him it is called Astro turf and I asked him to repeat till he pronounced it correctly. I felt very good that now he knows what it is, correctly. I further told him it is like a carpet but needs lots of water to keep it in right condition. Before leaving I asked his name. His name was Haris. I hope in future Haris will have no apprehensions in asking questions to know about unknown.

5 comments:

Khawab said...

nice....
wesa i am kinda obsessed with ma new camera 2.....still tring to learn da funtions of it....

as for da 'Astro Turf' well i didnt know abt it til today... :P
thnxxx

Anonymous said...

Whoaa that kid must be thinking 'what have I gotten myself into' while you were busy explaining him the background of astro turf...ehehe kidding...byes :)

Dawn said...

Awesome Masd..:)
In real term you are the teacher...! I liked that you make use of opportunities not for your benefit but for others...! I also like to do so...not to show anything but to make sure someone somewhere is not misused due to his/her lack of knowledge or uneducated situations!
Amazing pic as the combi of the green and orange and the white...color of Haris dress...! The best part I liked is Haris innocence :) very well captured...I wish you go for more joggings :)
CHeers

Masood Ahmed said...

@khawab: yes, i am obsessed too, these are early days of having new camera.
No one: Lolz, yeah, he may have thought,but you know I never lose the opportunity of sharing information.
Dawn: So you have seen teacher inside me:)

Anonymous said...

ignorance is bliss they say.....

i also have a teacher in me btw...sorry for the ramdom comments....i can literally feel my head spinning :S i shud better hit the sack now...bahaut hogaya!
i'l visit again and comment for sure